January 26, 2014

Granny Squares Strip Style

Lovelylittehandmades.blogspot.com
i'm a ginger monkey: strip piecing a granny square block: A few people asked how I strip pieced my blocks and Dana graciously said I could post a little tute to share. The original tutorial for ...



 This is an awesome Strip style Granny Square Block, I am in love with the Granny Square...my Mom made us a crocheted Granny Square Afagan as a wedding present 44 years ago....it covered our little ones on the couch for cartoon time to covered when they were sick....they learned their colors as little toddlers repeating the variety of colors to us....precious....then I recieved one with the Doll Monthly Quilt swap I was in and totally wanted to do it from that moment on in a Quilt!  I am almost done piecing my Cherry Blossoms Quilt so since it is snowing and blowing and will continue to do that "forever" it seems...I am on to this quilt now!!  Never a dull moment here!!   Quilted Blessings!!


2 comments:

DeAnna said...

Your quilt is very pretty. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing and hope you stay warm.

Carol Swift said...

Beautiful quilt...love the colors and design! Sweet blog makeover! :O)