March 24, 2017

Paper Piecing Magic

Debbie's New York Beauty Mini Top
Paper piecing is fun for some and not fun at all for others.  I do find
it fun and in the end you have perfect blocks and points.
Tulip Spools

Very Helpful Designs

Oldest sister Jud/ys Tulip and Spools Mini Top




That sells it to me.  To be honest I was afraid to even try it for years.
It seemed to complicated.  Finally, the desire to finish a Farmer's Wife
Sampler Quilt and a Dear Jane Quilt won over my fears.

I found my courage and began and I have never looked back.  I did
complete 2 Farmer's Wives Quilts and 1 Dear Jane in one year.  Making
them as heirloom quilts for our 3 grown kids.

Tiny huh?

I wondered; why am I doing this which such fervor?  Now, we know why since
I am struggling with this weakened body and legs issue.  I am paper piecing
again though.  My 3 sister's are coming before Easter and I wanted to have
Lori's Farmer's Wife Mini Top
a mini quilt made for each one of them. Our sister Patti will be here in our hearts. On the mini's,  since  using my longarm is out at this
point;  I am using decorative stitches with my Viking,  Relaxing!!

So far, so good!!.

Our son and his wife and kids and our daughter and her girls are
coming this weekend from Ohio and Indiana. We haven't had time together with them all  in  4 years.
Our other son and wife and kids won't be here, other than their daughter who is
living in our town now.

So, if I have time, YEP,  also paper piecing a few mug rugs for the adults coming!

The lambs and the Muc Muc dolls in previous posts are waiting on the table for the girls.

Please enjoy  Angel Walters video on a very simple process of making all paper piecing patterns.

Have a Quilted kind of day!  Step into Paper Piecing; trust me the water is fine!!   ((wink))

I will post the Mini's
when I get them Quilted later today.    Sorry about my rambling post!!
It happens!!! 

No comments: