August 18, 2013

Did I Swoon Too Soon?

Determination....or stubbornness?....that is what my Mom called it when I was a teen....just plain stubborn....not that she wasn't....that is a story for another day!......:):).....
Carry Me Away!!
hang on ropes....awesome
Swoon.....NOTE OSU colors....on this block :)
I did get my swoon top complete....as it is....it seemed to be a difficult top to piece....or maybe it was just me....but it is done and together and Now to figure out how to quilt it!!....I am also anxious to try some hand quilting with my new thimble by the thimble lady!....I thought I ordered plastic to start but you know how you "click" things...so  a stainless steel one arrived on Friday.  I think God wants me to get serious about hand quilting things too....so that is on my goal list for this week, along with quilting the Swoon quilt.  I saw a great way to display quilts on
Pinterest, that was shown in Pottery Barn.  SO!! I do want to do that on the main wall that folks will see when they enter the quilt shop....and have the lesson availability pinned to each quilt offered in classes.  Even if God only brings me one person a day or two a week, I just want to encourage them and help them in their Quilting Journey.  Fabric is therapy as is quilting in my life.  It gives control to a point in a world that seems to have gone madd in some ways!   sigh!!....breath in worry and exhale prayers, right?
....so come and quilt....anytime....  and maybe try your precious hand at a swoon quilt....it truly is, as a online quilting friend said, "timeless"....
I need more time not less......sorry.....bad joke.too much ripping and resewing!!
Humor me!! Have a blessed day!!
  Quilted Blessings!!  Karen


1 comment:

Donna said...

How big are the pieces that are hung on rope? They are beautiful and that is a great way to display them!