January 11, 2014

Thawing


Brrrrr!!
Vintage School House
These family members of close to 100 years ago may have been walking to school or home from Church.  I have no idea The frozen trees chill me.... I can only imagine....I know it is my hubs Grandmother Agnus and 2 of her 6 children...on Joy Road....near Plymouth, Michigan.
 The Ingalls and Gallups, of which she was a part, came through Plymouth, Mass at the time of Winthrop...my hubs Mother then passed away here in our cabin in Plymouth, Indiana....just Plymouth trivia....most quilters like history and trivia....or at least "pieces" of it :)
....I have a severe case of Cabin Fever....cure?.....none except daily doses of pieces and quilting and add a little knitting or crocheting until you see the first crocus or tulip push up through the cold tundra!....and jump for joy!!.....
We are thawing out....now, with some rain too....-17 temps just a few days ago....plenty of snow....sigh!!.....no we did not have to walk up our slushy lane today to get groceries...we have a nice truck.....
What are they talking about in the picture?.....amazing folks!!......Quilted Pieces today!!......Karen

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What is you recommendations on learning free motion or is everything done on your longarm. I have quite a few books but cannot figure out were to start. I was trying to use my walking foot and all I sew is crooked lines. I noticed your quilt in the picture looks perfect.