February 19, 2013

For The Love Of Quilting

Hello friends!
 I am busy with the Blog Hop I talk about below and give links to it...
 I am starting the quilt  Lets' Get Together...from Jill Finley.  It is just calling me strongly. Notice  the contrasts in colors?....I will show my progress tomorrow....I think I need it with the winter in NW Indiana where we have snow one day, a little sunshine thrown in, then back to snow and wind.  Its' ok, like my Mom would say" it is better to have winter now than in April. " Amen to that sisters!!

  I just finished Jills top Pink Petal Pusher, also from Jills book....so cute in pink and white and some green appliqued flower centers and curving stems.  It is certainly ALL good!

So, with that I want to add a blog to visit and enjoy a tutorial on hand quilting/vs machine quilting.  I am not a person who judges anyone for how they get the quilting done.  Do what fits you and you feel good about!!...I also say, are you kidding me? Do you think the ladies of 1800 would not have also machine quilted if given a chance with one of our machines?.....We and they are not much different....just years apart, that is all.

Please enjoy the tutorial.....it is worth a cup of coffee with your visit.....Purl Bee.....Bless you today and maybe some quilting.....hand or machine.....just Enjoy it!!!   Quilted Blessings Always!! Karen

No comments: