March 14, 2013

Laundry?

Laundry?....really?......yes, Quilters do laundry.....and mop and sweep and cook!!....so, I thought I would share a link to a Laundry Soap Recipe....for real.....The Beehive Cottage
Fresh Vintage Patchwork
So there!!  :)
I also found the quilts I want to do for our oldest Grandgals that are graduating in May and June.  They were born in the same year, to the same parents! One in January and the second one in December! Yep!  So, these two quilts from my new book With Fabric and Thread by Fig Tree Company is just so perfect!  I will put their photos of growing up in the blocks..and maybe a couple tiny ones in the houses.  I went to Joannes today and bought the start of my photo fabric to use, now to pick the photos!!....hard decisions....but God will lead me to the very best ones!!
I decided to make my Liz's Gift into a Queen size......fell in love with it, so it is going on our bed!!....so, I have to sew up 7 more blocks after our visit with our son and his wife and two sweet to the moon and back gals!!....
Oh, and getting a good styled up hair cut with highlights, never hurts a quilter.....it is all in a days.....worth!!
Quilted Blessings!! Karen

No comments: