March 5, 2013

Pixel Quilts

Contrasts?
Usually when I see picture quilts as an idea I think of the traditional ones, use a photo, scan it and then print it on photo fabric. That is great! and that is what I am going to do for my first two Grandgals that are graduating from High School this year (how did THAT happen?)......and it will be a great gift.  I really do have to get busy on that.  But, the back fabric, what do I do?  I want them to use the quilt, so I thought just a whole cloth on the back, but I found something better, I think, and wanted to share it.  It is a free Craft class for using photos with alot of contrasts to pixel and do into an art Quilt......really, now how cool would that be on the back.... Now, I have to search my old Printed from 35mm film (remember those) photos to find a really cute one of each of them to enlarge and pixel and then do the back out of it.....it could be just their precious baby eye, or hand, or their little feet in tennis shoes.....or SOMETHING!!....my creative juices are flowing and my right side of my brain is doing the dance of joy!!  so, if you are in for a snowstorm like we are here in northern Indiana, go to crafty and join the free class!!Photo Art Class at Crafty 
Spend your snow filled day making pixel snowmen? maybe, why not!! 
Get the picture?.....Hey, maybe this would be a way to get younger gals interested in Quilting....the more modern approach, outside the box or inside the pixel frame? I'm just sayin".....and maybe if its not on this snowy day, then a rainy one?  I hope those are coming soon! and our tulips and daffodils.......Love Spring!! 
Just wanted to share this FREE class; I do love Crafty.com!  Quilted Blessings!!  Karen

No comments: