December 29, 2013

This Is My World...

I do think Quilting wins as I look out the window into snow blowing!!  It was sunny this morning and seemed "warm" for January.  Now the winter winds are blowing along with the snow in NW Indiana farm fields and towns!.....is that common?....yep!
Our Cabin That Gary Built pic from Summer 2010 :)
Square in A Square Technique
When we visited the NE a few years ago, for a whole fall......yes, we are blessed!...(my Hub did some travel ER nursing contracts)....and I totally found my fabric haunts in a short bit of time, along with hearing folks there talking so much about their new Walmart that was being built, was NOT going to continue to carry fabric and yarns.  They were dumbfounded as the winters are very long (Vermont and NH) and they certainly depended on the local store to carry their supplies.

It was nice to know they still loved to knit, crochet and quilt....
I think it is important to keep these talents alive and I would love to teach anyone anything I know....and if I don't know; I will find out!....that was my answer in nursing when a patient or family had a question...and I do that now in Quilting,etc.

My fabrics in Walkout Basement Shop
I Quilt on a longarm by Gammill.  I do not have a computer guided system and do not plan to get one.  For some pure quilters that do everything by hand, the idea that I use a large sewing "head" to quilt with is not even in their book.  That is ok with me.  I respect their talent and patience and I hope to do some hand quilting soon.  But I can quilt for others or myself on my longarm.
  I  also have a couple hundred bolts of fabric of 1800 reproduction and other bolts of 1930 Vintage and then just a variety of 100% cotton, of course. 

I love to follow Jodi Barrows and use her Square in a Square technique for perfect points....and I have learned paper piecing now and can teach it.  I do love the  Dear Jane quilt and would love to share any time and knowledge that I have gained working on it.

Circles Quilted on Swoon Quilt
My Gammill Classic: Suziebell
Why I am reintroducing myself to you?.....well, I really want to get started longarming for others and "share" the fabric at a good price also.....and of course, get together to help others to learn to cut their first quilt out and understand there are NO police at my cabin/shop...in other words, the only rule I have is to have fun and share in lives.
I can do Barn Quilt Also
So, there you have it........email me if I can get that top done up for you.  My prices are reasonable.....we do not smoke and we have 2 sweet Golden Retrievers that love to be outside scouting the pond; along with Stonewall Jackson our very sweet but dignified family kitty.
Yes, I can paint Barn Quilts also in any design or colors; this one is 4x4....a very nice size....we are going to put 4 of them on the West upper side of Cabin this Spring...ran out of warm dry weather this last fall to get them up..
SOON!!! we will.
Quilted Blessings!.....Karen






1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love you basement shop! Wish I had one!