June 7, 2021

SURVIVOR

WE are ALL survivors now.....since Covid19 put us all under it's target. As you, I am finally able to go out in public and enjoy being "free".  We are so so blest!! and our hearts just go out to the families that lost their loved ones to this corrupted Virus.

  I am having a mammogram every 6 months for 5years to assure there is no new growths.....so I have one in a couple weeks and see my surgeon and my radiologist and later in the summer, I see my oncologist.  I have enjoyed gardening again...in my flowers anyways!! We have planted more trees this year; two of which are peach!!  We had planned to get the Camper/Glamping finished, (since we had a cancer alert delay of 18 months!) but, all the campgrounds up to NC are full for the summer.  Others have rediscovered the joys of camping also.  That is awesome!!  So, we have a pond to rediscover on our own property, so, we will camp there for now.  The dogs also love the pond.

  I have finished a few quilt tops in the past year.  I have enjoyed following Alex Anderson on You Tube and I did her basket quilt there.  I also started to follow again, Garden Answers.  Love!! Laura and Arron and their little ones.  She is a wealth of knowledge and loves to share it.  I have learned tons from both of these delightful ladies.

  Thank you for following me.  I apologize for not updating my page.  I plan to put a quilt top on my Suziebell for my daughter Leah and then her gal Caroline to finish.  Looking forward to finishing these two quilts!!.....I still rest alot and have to watch how much I do in a day and also watch my balance...but I can handle that....on my way through my long recovery but so so blest to be alive and enjoy my Lord, my Hub, and my family and friends, such as you.   

  May your Quilting be Rich in Stitches today!!   Karen

 




1 comment:

Jenny said...

May your mammograms continue to be clear. I am a breast cancer survivor too so understand the anxiety each time you have another test done. Happy stitching, Jenny from New Zealand