May 6, 2013

Ellie's Rose Garden

Ellie's Rose Garden
This IS a quilt I never thought of making.  When our Grandgal wanted a rose quilt for her newly painted room in a pretty green and top 24 inches in dark brown.  She is almost 13 and wanted to grow up a little bit in her beautiful bedroom....so they covered up a meadow of flowers that her Mom had stenciled on the 24 inches.  She was so sweet about it.  She didn't want to hurt her Moms' feelings, because Leah had worked so hard....but it was ok with Leah....she knew she really wanted the change. So, she wanted a dark brown behind the white roses and cream on the back.  Being a longarmer quilter I used backing for the top and back...it is 108 " wide and then thinking she wanted a lofty batting I picked up 1' polyester for that and the Rose pattern was appropriate for the all over quilting design.  We are pleased with it.  I made 143 roses from an "antique white" cotton cloth....I cut them 9 inches wide across the whole width of 45 inches.....so there is ALOT of fabric in the roses....I have enough left over to make a nice sham for her and I think I will make a few chocolate roses to mix on the end of the sham....the chocolate has been crying out to be a rose....I can hear it, you know!!...As Always!  Quilted Blessings!  Karen

Rose Design

136 Roses

No comments: