March 26, 2013

Embrace Spring

As I embrace March Madness with a house divided by being born and raised always a Buckeye and now living in Indiana with a son and family in the Bloom pursuing his Masters' degree...we have to love the Hoosiers". So, I watch basketball, piece,  make Roses....and now even though it is March.. I must think ..... about..... April Quilting.
My Only Grandson...A=Awesome!
  I know it will include 3 of my precious Grandgals quilts, two for graduating teens (again, how can that be!) and one grandgal coming into her teen years this summer, wants to celebrate it with Roses!....the Grads' Dad would draw us a picture of a house every day in Kindergarten; one day I thought to encourage him to maybe be full of imagination with his drawing that day, and he brought home a picture of a house on one side and an Indian Tepee on the other!! That made us laugh and know he would always be dependable in life, always thinking of his family; and now at 40 it has surely been proven so true.  So their quilts will have a house on them and we want to add pictures of their precious growing up days onto the Quilt too. I also joined a Blog Hop to use Pompoms. I already have that idea set up in my head and last but NOT least is my Doll Monthly doll quilt to do for my new partner.  We are opting for Spring since, April surely does bring us that fresh Spring fragrance and flowers popping up, the first cutting of the lawn, early garden plantings as the Earth seems to Rejoice that is it awakened from it's Winter Sleep.  So, please enjoy my partners' blogBungalow Bay Quilts and encompass more creative Quilting by learning from others' designs.  How blessed we are to be Quilters'!!  Blessings! Karen

No comments: