September 5, 2014

Barn Quilts

Our Cabin
I say.....Say It With Barn Quilts....being born into a painters' family and becoming #2 of 5 daughters and 3 sons sprinkled in like salt and pepper....some of us being spicy peppers!.....I just love to paint and wallpaper and also quilt....my Mom and Dad did Reproduction Porcelain Dolls after their retirement in the 60's and then after loosing Dad in the early 90's Mom threw herself into quilting and going to the basement to work on the dolls came less and less.....Dad always had his radio on in his section where he clean the bisque and then fired it....so many levels of work.....he got so good at painting eyelashes and brows....Mom was good at the blush too....they were such a team.....always and now forever, as Mom joined Dad in Heaven 10 years ago this month......so with that I say they would be ALL about what we do together as a couple too....we copy them!!.....and they would love the painted Barn Quilts and my longarm that quilts up things....I purchased my machine with my Moms' inheritance that was shared 8 ways....it is "perfect".....
BRRRRRRR!!!!
Then when I spotted Barn Quilts, I just knew it was in the "clouds" for me. My Dad named me...I was #5 and they had one girl and 3 boys and really wanted another girl......then they had 3 more girls!!! after me.....crazy love!!


Old Glory

Ohio Star

still working on connecting porch roofs!

It is a high climb!!

Work in Process!!

True Love!!

SWOONS!!!
Our Faithful Goldens Shiloh & Sunny

So, enjoy.....my hub is my soul mate from High School......my family and I are most blessed by God giving him to us for  our life journey

..... enjoy the pictures....of yes, you guessed it....the Cabin that he  (I Helped a little bit) Built......

Blessings!!!!!

Heading to Clean and then...

 Quilt!!

No comments: